June 01, 2019
We have being very active disseminating our work! This summer the Augmented Instruments Lab presented various papers at some of the most exiting HCI and SMC conferences: CHI Glasgow - UK, NIME Porto Alegre - Brazil, DIS San Diego - California and ICMC New York City - New York.
For the updated list of our publications please visit the publications page. Here some of the titles we put forward:
- BEST PAPER AWARD - Separating Sound from Source: Sonic Transformation of the Violin Through Electrodynamic Pickups and Acoustic Actuation co-authored by Laurel Pardue, Kurijn Buys Andrew P. McPherson
- MagpicK: an Augmented Guitar Pick for Nuanced Control by Fabio Morreale, Andrea Guidi and Andrew P. McPherson
- Fictional Instruments, Real Values: Discovering Musical Backgrounds with Non-Functional Prototypes by Giacomo Lepri and Andrew P. McPherson
- We also showcased the interactive sonic sculpture Chowndolo by Giacomo Lepri and Alessia Milo
- Making sense of sensors: discovery through craft practice with an open-ended sensor material by Charlotte Nordmoen, Jack Armitage, Fabio Morreale, Rebecca Stewart and Andrew P. McPherson
- Making Up Instruments: Design Fiction for Value Discovery in Communities of Musical Practice by Giacomo Lepri and Andrew P. McPherson
- Accessible Instruments in the Wild: Engaging with a Community of Learning-Disabled Musicians by Jacob Harrison, Alan Chamberlain and Andrew P. McPherson
- Failing with Style: Designing for Aesthetic Failure in Interactive Performance co-authored by Andrew P. McPherson
- Andrea Guidi and Charlotte Nordmoen also attended the workshop Doing Things with Research thru Design: With What, with Whom, and Towards What Ends?
- Exploring Participatory Sound Art co-authored by Giacomo Lepri and Fabio Morreale